If you want something light and warm, this is a perfect dish to whip up in 20 minutes or less. Perfect for cold weather late night snack. you can replace the noodles with other Japanese favorite like Somen or Udon.
Hot Soba Soup
easy and quick soba noodle soup
- 2 bundles soba noodles (a.k.a buckwheat noodles)
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 3 tbs mirin can be replaced with brown sugar
- 1 tsp dashi powder can be replaced with any broth powder
- 1/2 cup tofu, cut in cubes optional
- 2 tbs green onions, chopped optional
- 2 tbs nori, cut in strips optional
Fill a soup pot with water. Add tofu to cold water. Bring to boil.
While water and tofu are heating up, combine Broth ingredients & set aside.
Once water is boiled, add soba noodles & cook for 3 – 4 minutes.
Strain noodles and tofu. *SAVE THE HOT WATER*
Wash noodles under running water. This will get rid of the starch from the noodles and stop cooking.
Add hot water to the broth solution from step 2 to taste. About a cup.
Add noodles & Tofu to the broth. Add green onions, cut of nori on top.